To the rescue of my hectic going-to-be-published but also in-the-middle-of-switching-laptops schedule comes Hannah Gaudette, with yet another lovely tag: #CoverLove!
This is something I’m actually probably way too opinionated about for my own good, and the odds that she’s just unwittingly unleashed a monster are high, but it comes of being a cover designer as well as an author, so you’re just gonna hafta live with it.
Since I’m going to be a monster for the rest of this post, I’ll be a very good child at the beginning and list the tag rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Create seven new #CoverLove questions for your nominees (or just copy and paste mine).
- Answer the seven #CoverLove questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate 7+ other bloggers and let them know they’ve been tagged.
Now. Showtime. Excuse me while I go backstage and get my monster suit.
- Your two favorite book covers EVER.
2. A book you haven’t read, but can’t live without because of the cover.
3. A book you loved, but disliked the cover.
4. A cover you loved, even though you disliked the book.
This monster doesn’t read books she dislikes. Over and out.
4. A series in which every cover was AMAZING.
6. A cover containing your favorite color(s).
7. A to-be-published book with an epic cover.
This monster also happens to live under a rock, and hence has nothing to give you in the way of book news or ‘to be published’— except hers, which hahaha not happening. (It is epic though. *nods*)
Okay, now the hard part. *climbs out of her monster suit and flips her hair over her shoulder*
For those I tag, your seven questions are:
- A cover that was meh on first glance but got more interesting the more you looked at it.
- A cover that looked really cool at first glance, but was meh the more you looked at it.
- A cover you feel didn’t fit the story at all.
- A cover that fit its story exceptionally well.
- A cover whose style you want for your own work.
- A children’s book cover that you really loved.
- The most artistic cover you’ve ever seen, and why you think that.
Imma tag Writefury, The Sarcastic Elf, The Author’s Attic, R.M. Archer, Snapper, Audrey Caylin, and A Star of Hope. If you wanna do this, consider yourself tagged and let me know how it goes. 😀