Thanks to Jane Maree, from whose lovely blog I stole this tag. Head over and check out her stuff; she’s pretty cool.
Now for the lovely questions.
1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Flying. Which is weird because I’m terrified of heights, but if I could have one superpower, it would definitely be flying. There’s something so exhilarating about the thought of being all alone up in the middle of the sky (especially at night) with only the wind and the clouds and the stars.
2. What sorts of things make you laugh?
Lots of things. I laugh very easily. But mostly unexpected jokes, clever twists with words, and surprise meetings. (Which also make me scream… but you get the idea.)
3. If you had to live in a time period different than the present, which would you choose and where?
Um… wow. *scratches head* Live as a historian or as a civilian? 😛 Ugh… this is hard. Probably Regency Era England, if it was as a civilian. They didn’t have a whole lot of meaning or excitement to their lives, but at least I wouldn’t be burned at the stake for being a Christian. Always a plus, right?
4. What’s your favorite instrument?
Harp. I kind of sort of play it, but the whole idea of it just fascinates me. It’s so… Celtic.
5. How would you react if somebody replied with “K”?
6. If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could only bring one thing, what would it be, and why?
A two-way radio… because, um… rescue.
7. If you had to choose between being a ninja or a superhero, which one would you pick?
Ninja. There’s something oddly appealing to me about the idea of creeping around in the dark and being extremely dangerous by profession.
Should this concern you?
8. If you could have dinner with any 3 people (dead or alive), who would they be?
What?! ‘Fictional’ wasn’t an option?? That’s silly. We’re doing fictional. Kylo Ren, Samwise Gamgee, and John Thornton from E. Gaskell’s North & South.
Wow. That would be quite a dinner.
9. Is there a hobby/skill that you’ve always wanted to try but never did?
Martial arts. See number seven.
10. What’s the worst (or best, depending how you look at it) pun you can think of?
Whenever someone asks me to think of something specific my capacity to do so automatically drops to negative eighteen…
But I suppose I can brave the depths of negativity for you guys. You’re special. Appreciate it.
My little brother, riding up our hill in our old van on a very cold morning and looking out the window: “I can see the car’s breath!”
Me, trying not to snicker from the front seat: “It must be exhausted.”
11. Think of a person. What song do you associate with them?
My awesome dad… ‘Call Me Old Fashioned.’
I’m going to tag two awesome friends, Hope Ann at Writing in the Light and Sarah Baran at The Sarcastic Elf.
I won’t tag anyone else in particular, but if you want to do this, consider yourself tagged. 🙂
What about you? Do you like ninjas or superheroes better, and what superpower would you have if you could?